Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Video on Teacher Tube

   This project started out great.  I used Picnik to edit all of my pictures.  I created a collage using pictures that take a blueprint and add walls. I found clipart of a black board and wrote all of my math formulas on it using Picnik text.  I also created a title and credit slide by taking a picture of a classroom bleeding most of the color out of the picture and then softening the focus, but I did not end up using those.
    Next I used my camera to film my twins for the video and found some music.  I had everything ready to go, or so I thought.  I quickly loaded my pictures & my audio.  Then I tried to drop in my video.  Everything was an .mov file which I found out the program won't accept.  I thought it would be simple to find a conversion program on-line.  Five downloads later, I discovered I was wrong.  I spent most of my day at school begging our IT people to help me.  Nothing we tried worked.
     My solution was to come home and re-film everything.  Luckily, Joel had a friend over who was willing to help out.  My video was now in the right format.  However, even though Windows Movie Maker says you can download straight from the camera, it caused the program to freeze every time.  I finally had to put my video from the camcorder onto a video card.  After several failed attempts I found that if I kept the card in the camera and went through the USB port I could get my video into my documents and from there import them to Movie Maker. 
   The final product did not turn out quite the way I had planned since I spent so much time importing that I really didn't get to play with transitions and things much.  Maybe after I recover from this experience I will give it another try.

Educ552 Educ552

No comments:

Post a Comment